Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Playtime with Heidi

Last night, we trekked over to the Gonzales house so Chris and Dean could talk "basements". Meghan and Chris are in the process of finishing their basement and needed a couple pointers on a sound system...I think? Whatever it was involved man talk, beers, and a trip to Lowe's. While they did that, Meghan and I hung out upstairs with our little girlies. Heidi is already walking! It was so cute to see her moving all around the house...I think Ayla was jealous that her friend was mobile. :)

Ayla playing with her new Sesame Street remote before we left for Meghan & Chris'

Playing in Heidi's Chicco walker

Heidi showing Ayla how everything works

"Here, let me touch your nose."

"Heidi, come back! I can't move in this thing!"

We had the dads entertain the girls for a few minutes so we could go check out the basement after we heard some sawing.

What are they looking at? Beer bottles?

Ayla!

Heidi!

Ayla was having fun with Heidi's toys...something new!

It kind of looks like they're fighting in the next two pictures...

They're just checking eachother out
It was really fun to see the two of them together...at one point, I looked over at Meghan and said, "Can you believe we have kids?!" We've been friends since high school so we've been through many life-changing events together...getting our driver's licenses, graduation, weddings, pregnancy, and now...motherhood. I always stop and laugh at what our conversations are like nowadays. They seem to be about poop more often than not. Hehe.
This next picture is from tonight...Ayla started to fall asleep as she drank her last bottle. It's so sweet to see because these days, she doesn't just simply fall asleep. Either she's being rocked to sleep for naps where getting her to stay asleep as we put her down can take a couple tries or she's putting herself to sleep at bedtime...both take several minutes. I miss the days when she would fall asleep anywhere, in any position and quickly. So, every now and then when she dozes off while she's eating, I have to enjoy it. :) Usually when I sit her up to burp her, she wakes up, but tonight she must have been pretty worn out because she stayed asleep. I decided to try and burp her over my shoulder and she still stayed asleep. She never sleeps on our shoulders! I just wanted to sit there and cuddle with her all night. She even slept through us putting her sleep sac on and then laying her down in her crib. This was so out of character, I had to share. She was one tired little baby!

4 comments:

The Wannabe Redhead said...

Such Cute pictures Anne! I have to share a funny story with you. That "Remote" that you took a picture of???...well, Heidi has the same one...however "Aunt" Valerie thought it was a phone and while playing with Heidi, I held it up to my ear and said "HELLO??" Meghan and Chris saw this and laughed for about 5 minutes! Meghan could hardly spit it out: "That's a remote, you dips**t!!" Haha...thought you'd get a kick out of that. I sure did!

Meghan Gonzales said...

So cute! We can talk about poo anytime! don't worry - before long - they will be chasing each other around and we'll be drinking a beer to stay sane!

Anne said...

Ehh, remote control, phone...close enough! They're almost the same thing...sort of, kind of, not really. :)

Leah said...

Anne, I love that last picture!! its precious!! So SWEET!! :)