Monday, May 18, 2009

"I could hold you for a million years..."

That's a line from a miracle song called "To Make You Feel My Love," sung by an artist named Adele (Garth Brooks also recorded it and someone else as well...can't remember who.) Anyways, I call it a miracle song because I've discovered that if Ayla is fussing and/or crying in the car and I start this song, nine out of ten times, she quiets down almost immediately. It's the weirdest thing. I've tried other songs and so far nothing else works. As a result, I pretty much listen to it over and over again...I have every word memorized and I almost sound just like Adele...and by almost, I mean totally tone-deaf.

Ayla has learned how to scream...like a high-pitched, ear-piercing scream. It's awesome because she just wasn't loud enough before. Sheesh. She has a great set of lungs! Sometimes it's shocking how those sounds can come out of that tiny little body. And speaking of being loud, she loves toys that she can shake, rattle, and jingle...pretty much anything that makes noise. A couple of pennies in an empty water bottle is just about the most entertaining thing ever. I always tell her to "shake, shake, shake" and she'll jiggle whatever she's holding. Or she'll hold one thing in each hand and bang them together. It seems like with any baby, things that aren't really supposed to be toys are the most fun. She still loves to play peek-a-boo...it always makes her smile and laugh. Mirrors also continue to be a favorite. She giggles and smiles and reaches out at herself. So cute. She's a very busy baby...always looking around for something to grab and play with.

I think she sometimes stops drinking her bottles before they're empty because she's bored. So the past few that I've fed her, when she stops with one to two ounces left, I've let her try and feed the rest to herself. She gets a kick out of it! She'll take the bottle, giggle at it, have a couple sips, look up at me and giggle again...it's so funny! She's been able to finish off a couple bottles this way. She winds up with milk all over her face so I'm not sure that she's ready to eat the entire thing on her own yet, but we'll keep practicing.

I just have some random pictures of Ayla that I've taken over the past couple of weeks...as the weather has been warming up, I've been having so much fun dressing her everyday...short-sleeves, dresses, capris, etc. I love it! I can't wait until I can get that little bikini out! :)

Unfortunately, the only time I really think, "Wow, she looks like me" is when she's making this face and is on the verge of crying.


When her teeth started to poke through, she kept feeling them with her tongue.


You can kind of see her teeth in this picture.

When she's happy or excited and wants something, she puts her ams up and twists her hands.
Happy baby!

Cute outfit, but totally not in the mood to smile for the camera.
We participated in the Heart Walk downtown Saturday morning. It was really chilly so we had her all bundled up!
She fell asleep just as the walk started and stayed asleep for the entire thing...almost two hours!
We had to give her a bath in Grandma and Grandpa's bar sink on Sunday night because of a yucky diaper!

No comments: