Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day!

I had a wonderful first Mother's Day! Dean got up and spent the morning with Ayla so I could sleep in and when I woke up and opened our bedroom door, there was a little table sitting there with cards, a really yummy, drool-worthy looking chocolate cake and an outfit for Ayla that said "Mommy's Girl." So cute. Ayla even signed the card herself. :)

Dean continued with baby-duty so I could shower and get ready for the day with no interruptions...it was awesome. Things go much quicker when I don't have to take breaks every 30 seconds to entertain a near-meltdown baby.

We went downtown and had brunch at the French Cafe with both of our families...it's always so good and it's nice to get the whole crew together. After we ate, we went to check out Marla's new place in the Old Market Lofts...very cool place...it's like a whole other lifestyle down there. I love it!
Overall, it was a great day!
A couple of Ayla updates: her two bottom teeth are poking through! I'm going to work on getting a picture once they're all the way in. She hasn't been sleeping well the past few nights...I'm not sure if it's related to teething or not. I'm hoping it is so she can get back to her regular sleep schedule once her teeth quit bugging her. Naps have also been pretty brief so by the time bedtime rolls around, she can hardly keep her eyes open.

She has started to really babble...it goes a little something like this: "Muh-muh-muh-muh-muh. Da-da. Ba-pfffffffffft. Wuh-wuh-wuh-WUH!" I think she's trying to say "My mom is the coolest mom ever." :)

2 comments:

kara said...

haha I swear I heard Jessica say that same thing about me too!

Leah said...

I'm happy that you had a great first Mother's Day! Those pictures are great! I love that last one of Ayla too! Adorable! :)
I hope I'll get to see her when I'm back! :)

Leah