Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Camping at Indian Cave State Park

This past weekend, Dean and I went camping at Indian Cave with our friends, Johnathan and Syd.  I know what you're thinking:  "YOU went camping?!"  Let me finish.  They own a camper.  A super nice one with a real bathroom, shower, kitchen, bedroom, fireplace, living room, and tv.  SO I was hardly camping...but close enough. ;)  Really the only time we were in the camper, was to sleep, so I did actually spend a lot of time outside.  I even found a tick in my leg the next morning and only freaked out a little.  It was pretty comfy in there so Johnathan ended up having to pull it out with pliers.  Sick.  

It was a nice relaxing time--we checked out a few things in the park, grilled for both lunch and dinner, had s'mores for dessert, played washers, and just sat around the campfire.  Good times. :)

Dean in the process of building us a campfire.





Crazy mushrooms!


Washers!


For dinner, we had filets, foil potatoes and onions cooked in the campfire, and coleslaw.  So yummy.





When we planned this trip, we figured it would be pretty warm--June in Nebraska usually equals heat--but it ended up being in the low 60's and overcast.  Hence, my attractive sock and flip-flop combo.




There was a raccoon that kept appearing in the campsite across from us.  Dean and Johnathan were hell-bent on either catching it or...I don't know what.  Hilarious.

Unfortunately, this is the only picture I have of the inside of the camper.  This is where Dean and I slept--pull out bed in the living room.  No tents for me! :)


No comments: