Friday, December 2, 2011

Crazy baby!

Aubree gets into EVERYTHING. 

 I finally had to break out the Pack n Play and plop her in it for a few minutes here and there because I couldn't get anything done.  If she's on the ground for more than ten seconds, she's up to no good.  Her favorites?  The fireplace, things that are plugged in, and Kody's water bowl. Awesome.  If it's not any of those things, she's pulling herself up on anything that'll hold her...and everything that won't.  We can't get through a day lately without her faceplanting or bonking her head somehow.  Once she has pulled herself up and is feeling confident, she let's go and just leans against whatever it is so her hands are free to explore.  Obviously, she's not stable yet so down she goes.  I've found that if I giggle at her when she falls (if I know she's not hurt, of course), she laughs, too. :)  

When I tell her no, she looks right at me and does it again.  If I say no enough times, she thinks it's funny.  Sigh.  Once again, another way she is completely different from her big sister.  As a baby (definitely not now), Ayla responded to no's really well.  Overall, she just didn't get into things...ever.  Never put random things in her mouth where with Aubree, literally everything goes straight in her mouth as soon as she gets her little fingers on it.  

I think Aubree seems crazier because she became mobile much quicker than Ayla did.  Ayla didn't crawl until about 10 months.  Before that, she didn't even scoot...all she could do was roll.  Aubree started army-crawling at 6 months.  BIG difference.  She's definitely keeping us on our toes.  Before we know it, she'll be walking.  
Lil stinker.  I started blocking her off with the ottoman.







"Why am I in here?!"


1 comment:

Unknown said...

She says let me out of here mom!