Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our BABYMOON!

Dean and I went to Tucson, Arizona for Memorial Day weekend...we called it our "babymoon" because it'll probably be the last trip we'll take as just the two of us before our baby arrives! I don't think I'll fly again during this pregnancy...my butt (tailbone) didn't feel so great during the flights! Other than that, the weekend was AWESOME!!! It was exactly what we wanted and needed...thank you to Megan for getting us a deal on our hotel AND for suggesting a great place for dinner.

We left early Saturday morning (Dean's parents climbed out of bed EARLY to take us to the airport--THANK YOU!!! ) and arrived in Tucson at 9:30 in the morning. We rented a car and for the same price as a dinky little compact car, the guy gave us a red mustang! Dean was pretty excited. We found our hotel but weren't able to check in yet, so we drove to a nearby state park. We were in no way, shape, or form, ready to "hike" through the desert...we both had flip-flops on, I was wearing a sundress, and between the two of us, we had a quarter of a bottle of water. NO good. So, we just found a picnic table in the shade and read/relaxed for a bit. We went back to the hotel and checked out the pool for about an hour or so and then went to dinner at a place called Wildflower...it was REALLY good!

Sunday morning, we got massages and then hung out at the pool pretty much all day...I stayed under an umbrella for most of the day. It was perfect...we were complete bums and ate/drank (smoothies for me) the whole time. I think the baby likes 70's music...it was playing while we were laying there and it was just dancing away in my belly!

On Monday, we went to another state park and drove through the mountains and did some sightseeing...I got a little carsick towards the end, but the drive was pretty cool! All in all, we had a really wonderful weekend and I'm SO glad we were able to do it! It's so nice to be able to get away...even if it's just for a couple days. The baby's movements have become much stronger lately! It's more than just the usual bumps and taps...it's almost like he/she is dragging a hand or foot across my stomach. Some of the kicks are strong enough that I can actually see my stomach move....SO weird, but I love it! Dean was watching for one, but has yet to see it happen...my mom saw a big one today though! It's so fun!

Speaking of my mom...she is the BEST! I've been trying to clean out that darn guest bedroom, remember? Well, I had it "organized" into about 27 piles of STUFF. I swore to Dean that I had a method to my madness...I knew what I intended to do with each pile (Lindsey's garage sale, Ebay, trash, storage, etc.), I just didn't know what to do with it for NOW. Well, my mom came over this afternoon and helped me put stuff in boxes/bags and dragged stuff downstairs for me. With the exception of a shelf with picture albums on it, the room is ready to be turned into our nursery!!! YAYAYYYYYYY!!!!!!! I'm completely thrilled about it! We even hung up the few articles of clothing that I've received. They look so cute in the closet! I really should've taken a before and after picture of that room...it was a disaster. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, MOM!!!!!!!

Tomorrow, I will be a full 20 weeks along...we're halfway done!

No comments: