Monday, November 3, 2014

Conferences

We had conferences for both the girls a couple of weeks ago.  I'm not going to lie, I was a little nervous about Aubree's. :) I just didn't know what to expect and since she is our feisty one, we weren't sure what Mrs. P would say. Turns out, we had absolutely nothing to worry about. All good things. :) She even said she seems like a very graceful and coordinated little girl. At that point, I looked down at her paper to make sure she actually had Aubree's sheet. She said she gets along well with her classmates and is a very good listener (weird). Academically, she said she is doing extremely well. She said her "math" skills are eons above all the other kids in her class. That was crazy to hear. It's so awesome to hear that she is doing so well.

Ayla's went well, too. But we pretty much figured it would. She is so "by the book." There are generally no surprises with her. :) Her teacher said she is doing great all around and is a good role model to others in her class. She doesn't love math, which is funny because I always talk about how the girls are complete opposites of each other. She didn't say she wasn't good at it, but just tends to be less interested in it than the other subjects. She said she's a great listener and always follows directions.

I'm glad we can send them out into the world and they can be good little people and listen to their teachers. It means we're doing something right...right? I just wish they would listen to ME as well as they listen to their teachers! Ha!

But anyways, I'm very proud of both of them and I'm happy they're both excelling and loving school!

No comments: