Sunday, February 16, 2014

We've missed the park!

Last Thursday, the temperature hit 50-some degrees.  Heat wave! :) I wanted to take advantage of it so I brought the girls to the park.  Turns out, it was still pretty chilly but still felt great to be outside.  We didn't stay very long because by the end, they both had snot dripping out of their noses and this mom-of-the-year didn't bring Kleenexes. I'm a rookie, I tell you. ;)  It didn't seem to bother them though so they played happily and we all got a nice dose of fresh air.  I'm definitely ready for spring to be here.

















I was trying to get a good close-up of Aubree.  As we were walking back up to the car, I thought I had gotten one but right as I took the picture, her face changed and she announced that she had to go potty. :) Speaking of, we're slowly but surely getting there with potty training.  She has been peeing in the potty for a long time now.  No issues there.  Poo? A whole different story.  She would hold it for a few days and then starting pooping in her Pull-Up after we put her to bed at night.  Gross.  If we didn't check her before we went to bed, she would sleep in it all night.  Walking into her room the next morning was like getting punched in the face. Totally nasty.  Last week though, my mom put her on the potty after lunch and made her go.  We've made a routine out of it and she has been going every day before her nap for a whole week. YAY! :)  I never knew I'd get so much joy out of someone pooping.  She stays dry while she naps, but overnight, she's still soaked.  I'm not too worried about it.  I'm just thrilled that during the day, we're pretty much good to go!

No comments: