Wednesday, December 12, 2012

We're back in business!

Not only was I behind on posting on here because of how backed up I was on the pictures I was taking for other people, I had issues with Blogger saying I had maxed out on my photo quota.  Got that all figured out and I'm finally hoping to catch up.  Finally. :)

Random tidbits:

--We are still living with Marla and we are all still friends. :)  It's been going really well and has been a fun time.  We are lucky Marla hasn't gotten sick of us yet!

--That said, we were finally given a finish date on our new home.  Keep in mind, they had originally told us the end of November.  Are you ready for this?  January FREAKING 24th.  Yep.  Two whole months after what they initially thought.  HUGE SIGH.  When Dean called and told me, I CRIED.  I called our realtor and CRIED.  I called my brother and CRIED.  I walked into my parents' house and as soon as I saw my mom, I CRIED.  I have been dreaming of our first Christmas in our new home...but that will have to wait another year.  I know there is nothing we can do about it...I'm just incredibly disappointed.  I've been going out to the house to check out the progress regularly.  At this point, these are the things that are left: tile, carpet, lights, speakers, showers, toilets.  Still a handful of things, but I can't figure out how that's going to take six more weeks.  Seriously.  Let's get the show on the road, people.

--Ayla has taken a downward spiral when it comes to drop-off at preschool every Tuesday and Thursday morning.  She used to get so excited when it was time to go to school.  When we got there, she could hardly wait for her teacher to open the classroom door so she could run in.  I had to pull her back for a hug.  Ever since she was sick and missed a couple of days over a month ago, she has become extremely clingy and hesitant about going.  Sometimes she cries and totally freaks out...other times, she wraps her arms around me so tightly that I literally have to peel her off of me and hand her over to her teacher.  We've talked to her repeatedly and can't seem to get to the bottom of it.  I've talked to her teacher several times and she says that she is fine within a minute of me leaving.  She is completely herself during class--smiles, laughs, plays with the other kids, and participates in everything.  I'm relieved to hear that.  When my dad picks her up, he says she's totally fine and when I see her after I get off of work and ask her about school, she's upbeat, happy, and excited to tell me about it...BUT later in the day, she'll ask when she has to go to school again and when I tell her, she always says she doesn't want to go.  I'm not sure how to get to the bottom of this.  I would love any suggestions!  Four has definitely been the hardest age yet.  She is such a fun, sweet little lady, but she can also be so so so difficult!  Her tantrums are a bit out of control lately...and about the most ridiculous little things like not getting to push the play button to start a dvd.  Screaming, kicking, throwing things, whining, you name it.  The attitude drives me BONKERS.  I don't do attitude.  Can't. Stand. It.  Let's hope this is a quick phase.  Other than these little hiccups, she's doing just fine.  I can't believe how quickly she is growing up.  She sounds sooo grown up when she talks sometimes. I just have to stop and stare at her and take it all in.  I feel like all I did was blink and she went from a tiny little baby to this amazing little lady.

--Aubree is busy.  Very busy. :)  She gets into everything...mostly things she shouldn't be getting into.  She, too, is a strong-minded little lady.  Once she has her mind made up, that's it.  Huh.  Wonder where she got that? ;)  She has been talking and talking and talking.  I love it!!  Such a cute little voice.  She's continuing to pick up new words and phrases every day.  It's so awesome to hear her piecing it all together.  She always surprises us with what she knows.  We've been working on counting--she can usually make it to 6 or 7, sometimes more.  Colors--she knows what pink is, go figure; everything else is yellow. :)  She loves when Ayla sings the alphabet to her...she tries so hard to mimic her.  So far, she can say "A-B-C-D".  She also is working on shapes--she knows circle, triangle, star, and heart.  She's a pro at animals and the sounds they make. :)  I really need to make an effort to continue teaching her things and working on them with her.  I feel like I concentrated on doing that with Ayla at this age than I do with her.  She seriously is the funniest, goofiest, most entertaining little kid I've ever met.  A freaking riot.

So.  We are all doing well.  Keeping busy and loving life. :)

Now onto some more posts.

Finally.

No comments: