Thursday, August 9, 2012

Haylee's gymnastics birthday party!

Last weekend was my niece, Haylee's 8th birthday.  EIGHT.  I can't believe it.  It seems like yesterday that she was as tiny as Aubree.  If this is any indication of how fast the next few years will go with my own girls, I'm in trouble.

She had her birthday party at her gymnastics school.  The kids (and those of us adults who just couldn't resist) had full reign of all the gymnastics equipment--trampolines, balance beams, bars, etc.  Not going to lie, for as long as I can remember, I've been fascinated with all things gymnastics.  I have zero balance and coordination, but it was still fun to give some of it a try.  I surprised myself by being able to climb the rope (you know, like the one in gym class).  Had my lovely sister-in-law not threatened to shake and swing the rope, I think I could have made it to the top.  I paid for my 30 seconds of climbing though...this lady was SORE for the next couple of days.

Somehow I managed to not get a single picture of the birthday girl. :(  I was running after Ayla and Makayla trying to get at least ONE decent picture of both of them.  No such luck.  They were like two crazy, sweaty, little madwomen running around the place.  It was sooo hot...none of the fans were on and I'm pretty sure even the air conditioning was off.  Pretty miserable, but everyone still had a great time.









1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Anne I couldn't agree more EIGHT? What the ? I remember everything about the morning she was born; including your broither repeatedly saying " we are just going to get sent home!" I said no I will wait in that ....waiting till I have her! When I told him to start calling people he was like why? We are gonna get sent home! Nope I was at a six when I got there! No Meds with her birth either....and your phone I;ll just put it on silence it's gonna be awhile anyways! LMAO! I wanted you up there ASAP and was so mad Ping couldn't get ahold of you! Ahh memories! Miss you!