Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Gerbil wheel

I call this activity center Aubree's gerbil wheel.  Attached to the activity table is a walker (that we can eventually detach when she's walking on her own) that spins around the table.  She. LOVES. It.  She goes around and around and plays with all of the toys.  There's even a spot for snacks...she'll take a few spins and stop for a bite or two.  She has gotten to the point where she actually runs around.  It's so funny to watch.  She prefers this over being trapped in her playpen.  I think she feels less stuck since she's able to move around even if it's just in a circle. :)  60 bucks well spent.  We originally bought it for Ayla when she was a baby but she hardly moved in it and just didn't have that much fun with it.  I'm glad we saved it for Aubree...it keeps her happily entertained and out of trouble.  

Speaking of trouble, she IS with a capital T.  A few days ago, both of the girls were playing in the living room while I was quickly making lunch for Ayla.  I looked up to see Aubree crawling toward the hallway.  Uh-oh.  I knew exactly where she was headed.  I dropped everything and sprinted to the bathroom.  She was standing against the bathtub and had a wet, white blob on her chin and she was chewing on something. I grabbed the blob off of her face and realized what it was.  Just to confirm, I smelled it.  #%!$  Much to my horror, it was a chunk of pee-soaked toilet paper that she had fished out of Ayla's little potty that Ayla had just peed in (I hadn't cleaned it out yet...making lunch, remember?)  I had to pry another chunk out of her little fist and out of her mouth.  Yep.  My baby ate pee-toilet-paper.  Awesome.  Mom of the Year, right here.







1 comment:

Erika said...

I think pee is sterile. You're all good.:)